Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sorry for the Hiatus

Happy Valentine's Day! Wow, is it really already a month and a half into the new year? And this is my first blog post...shameful. Needless to say, I did not keep my New Years Resolution. Actually that's not true, my resolution is to be on FLN or HGTV and I still have 10 months to accomplish that dream. But I have disappointed myself by not keeping up with my humble blog.

I think I have good reasons. This past month has been the craziest, most life changing, exciting and emotional month in my 22 years. I uprooted myself from my beloved hometown of Phoenix, wrapped Little Monster up in her Snoggie (what I believe to be the more appropriate name of a Snuggie for Dogs) and headed north! I now reside in an ADORABLE duplex in the even more darling neighborhood of West Wash Park in Denver, Colorado.

The first question that seems to be on everyone's mind is why? To that I say, why not? No, I do not have a job, but I do intend on getting one (employers, take note!) I didn't run from anything nor was I sick of Phoenix, as I hear many say. I love my hometown and always will, but my internships ended (as did my paychecks) and figure if I didn't take action soon, I would further deepen my roots and possibly never experience something different. We had a good run, but I have overstayed my welcome and my time as a Phoenician has come to an end.

So this is where my silly little blog will take a major turn. I've reconsidered my policy of keeping all personal details out because now it is my experiences that I need to share. This is my transition from college grad, bumbling around confused about life, into a focused adult. New responsibilities, new adventures, new life. Wish me luck, and I promise - to myself more than anyone - that I will keep an open mind, an open heart, and a more timely blog! Here's to 2010...better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment