Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday is now Black Everyday



Happy Black Friday everyone! Although I absolutely love shopping and may have a slight problem when it comes to frivolous spending, pushing through tight crowds to get half off of something that no one would want anyway just does not sound like my ideal shopping experience. I'm the kind of person that will take their good, sweet time examining each item and appreciates not being rushed or pressured into a purchase (other than eBay, but that’s another excitement altogether).

So, rather than share with you the craziest slashed prices available at BestBuy until 10 a.m., I give you a website that offers top-of-the-line products at somewhat affordable prices, for a limited time. From red carpet suitable designer gowns to off-beat electronics, at Gilt Group there is potential to give all of your loved ones a gift to wow. The site releases a limited number of items each day and are only available for a certain amount of time. Things do sell out quickly, and this I have had to learn the hard way (we're talking Me&Ro Jewelry here).

Many items, although some more than half off their original price, are still rather pricey so their can be no accusations of being a cheapskate. I have done my research and the "actual retail prices" are accurate.
Another appeal of Gilt Group is that not just anyone can register to receive the deals, you need to be invited to join. In return, that person receives $25 off an order if someone they invited makes a purchase. You can also request to join, but you will be put on a wait list. If you e-mail me at StephLo1987@aol.com, I will gladly send you an invitation and hope to reap the benefits.


I treated myself today - as any devout shopaholic would - to a Phabulous wool trench on GiltGroup. It was a bit of a splurg at $188 - an even $200 with shipping - but is much more swallowable than the orignial $490 price tag. Perfect for a winter in Denver!

No comments:

Post a Comment