Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cabbage Soup Series: Day Two

Day 2: Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed with all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice, along with your soup. Try to eat leafy greens and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter. Do NOT eat fruit today.

Veggie day. This day proved to be more of a challenge as it is much harder to store veggie snacks in your desk drawer than dried fruit. That and the fact that carrots are really the only raw veggies I like. I suppose I could have gotten a bit more creative but the daytime consisted of only one measly bowl of soup on my lunch break and about five water bottles throughout the day. I was surprised to find I wasn’t starving and not p
articularly craving junk food, and just the idea of me being able to resist temptation gave me a buzz.

I did start to experience more mood swings and irritability. Or maybe I just realized its Tuesday and I don’t get a day off from work until Sunday. Either way, I definitely looked forward to my reward that night – BAKED POTATO! I made it a true daily double by baking it twice, using a one pound spud with equal parts butter. My theory is that one can have as much butter as they want this night so the fat is extra slippery a
nd slides right out. After I inhaled all the potato innards, I doused the skin in garlic powder, onions, salt and pepper, and broiled it in a pan with a little olive oil for about ten minutes. Could this possibly pass for a delicious snack?

Giving TGIF skins a run for their money.

Overall my moral at the end of Day 2 is still high, no apparent negative side affects. I heard that the 3rd day is the hump, the toughest to get through and resist temptation. My total loss at the end of Day 2 is : 1.4 lbs

May not be Jenny Craig’s sorta numbers…but it’s a start.

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE SO FUNNY! I am sitting here at my desk cracking up about all of this!

    I LOVE IT.. Next time you want to do this count me in for the blogging experience.. pft.. okay and the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete